Read this tip to make your life smarter, better, faster and wiser. LifeTips is the place to go when you need to know about Community Resources and other Portland topics.
If you need to make an emergency call, please:
1. Be clear as to what kind of assistance is needed: fire, police, medical
2. Stay on the phone and answer all questions
3. Give the specific location where help is needed
4. Stay calm, and speak clearly
5. Follow the directions of the call taker and if you know basic first aid and CPR, you can help by providing emergency assistance until professional help arrives
|Jennifer Mathes, Ph.D.|